Yo, fam! Let me tell you about this fruit I had while I was out in China. It was wild. They call it an “apple banana” and let me tell you, it was creamy and delicious.
When I first saw this thing, I didn’t know what to make of it. It looked like a banana, but it was rounder and had a thicker skin. And when I peeled it, the texture was smooth, like an apple. That’s how you get that name, I guess.
And the taste? Well, it was kind of like a cross between an apple and a banana, with a hint of vanilla. I know, I know, that sounds crazy. But trust me, it was good.
Apple Banana Muffins
So, I brought some of these back with me and decided to bake some muffins with them. Man, it was a good idea. The muffins came out soft, light and fluffy, with just a touch of sweetness.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apple banana puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a muffin tin. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the apple banana puree, egg and vegetable oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 of the way full and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Now, if you’re like me, you’re always looking for new and interesting things to cook with. So, here are some other ideas for using apple bananas:
- Smoothies: Just toss sliced apple banana into your blender with some milk or yogurt, and any other fruits or flavorings you like. So good!
- Cereal: Cut up an apple banana and add it to your bowl of cereal for a tropical twist.
- Fruit Salad: Mix apple bananas with other fruits like strawberries, pineapple and mango for a colorful and flavorful salad.
- Jam: Boil sliced apple bananas with sugar and water until thickened, then spread on toast or biscuits.
How To Get Your Hands On Some
Now, I know what you’re thinking. “Those sound amazing, but where in the world can I find apple bananas?” Well, my friend, I have a few suggestions:
- Asian supermarkets: Look for markets that specialize in foods from China, Taiwan, the Philippines and other countries in the region.
- Online: It might be a bit pricey, but you can order apple bananas from online retailers like Amazon and Walmart.
- Travel: Hey, if you’re feeling adventurous, why not book a trip to China and find out what other crazy fruits and foods they have?
So there you have it, fam. If you ever get the chance to try an apple banana, do it. And if you can’t find any, try making those muffins. I promise, you won’t regret it.
If you are looking for These Apple Banana Muffins are soft, light and fluffy with a touch of you’ve visit to the right place. We have 2 Pics about These Apple Banana Muffins are soft, light and fluffy with a touch of like This strange "apple banana" I had while in China… It was creamy and, These Apple Banana Muffins are soft, light and fluffy with a touch of and also This strange "apple banana" I had while in China… It was creamy and. Here you go:
These Apple Banana Muffins Are Soft, Light And Fluffy With A Touch Of
This Strange "apple Banana" I Had While In China… It Was Creamy And
fingers waaaay strange bananas mellow
These apple banana muffins are soft, light and fluffy with a touch of. Fingers waaaay strange bananas mellow. This strange "apple banana" i had while in china… it was creamy and