Hey there my fellow dessert lovers! I’ve got something special for you today – Ina Garten’s Apple Crisp and Apple Galette Puff Pastry recipes. These treats are guaranteed to tickle your taste buds and leave you coming back for more.
Ina Garten Apple Crisp
Let’s start off with the classic – Apple Crisp. This recipe is perfect for those who want a gluten-free version of this favorite dessert. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 5 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- For the topping:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 pound cold unsalted butter, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced apples with the orange and lemon zests, orange and lemon juices, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour the mixture into a 9 by 14 by 2-inch oval baking dish.
- For the topping, combine the flour, sugars, salt, oats, and cold butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until the mixture is crumbly and the butter is the size of peas. Scatter evenly over the apples.
- Put the crisp on a sheet pan and bake for 1 hour until the top is brown and the apples are bubbly. Serve warm.
There you have it, the perfect gluten-free Apple Crisp recipe loaded with all the right flavors. Serve it hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you’ve got a winner on your hands.
Ina Garten Apple Galette Puff Pastry
If you’re in the mood for something a little bit different, try out Ina Garten’s Apple Galette Puff Pastry. This recipe is classy, sophisticated, and oh-so-decadent. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 package frozen puff pastry
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 3 tablespoons for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup apricot jelly
- 3 tablespoons Calvados, apple brandy, or rum
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out each sheet of puff pastry to an 11 by 11-inch square on a lightly floured surface. Place one piece of pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the sliced apples with 1/2 cup of sugar, the flour, and the salt. Spread the mixture evenly over the pastry, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Dot the butter pieces over the apples. Brush the border of the pastry with egg wash, and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Heat the apricot jelly and Calvados together in a small saucepan over low heat until the jelly is melted. Brush the apple mixture with the warm apricot jelly mixture.
And there you have it, a truly decadent and sophisticated dessert that’s perfect for a fancy dinner party or just a cozy night in. Enjoy it warm with some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and you’re in for a real treat.
Tips, Ideas, and How-To’s
Now that you’ve got two amazing apple dessert recipes under your belt, here are some tips, ideas, and how-to’s to help you take your baking to the next level:
- Make sure to use cold butter when making the topping for the Apple Crisp. This will help it stay crispy and delicious.
- To make the perfect puff pastry, make sure to roll it out evenly and place the apples in the center, leaving a one-inch border around the edge.
- Use high-quality ingredients for the best results – fresh apples, real butter, and organic flour will all make a difference in the taste and texture of your desserts.
- Try making a caramel sauce to drizzle over the top of your Apple Crisp for an extra indulgent touch.
- Top your Apple Galette Puff Pastry with some chopped nuts, like pecans or walnuts, for a delicious crunch.
- Experiment with different spices and flavors – try adding ginger, cardamom, or even a pinch of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
- Want to make your own gluten-free flour mix? Combine brown rice flour, tapioca flour, and potato starch for a blend that works well in most recipes.
- To make your own apricot jelly, combine apricot puree with sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan, and cook until thick and syrupy.
- If you’re short on time, you can use a pre-made pie crust instead of puff pastry for the Apple Galette.
Well, that’s it for now folks! I hope you’ve enjoyed Ina Garten’s Apple Crisp and Apple Galette Puff Pastry recipes, along with some tips, ideas, and how-to’s to help you become a master dessert chef. Happy baking!
If you are searching about Ina Garten Apple Crisp | Apple recipes, Gluten free apple crisp, Apple crisp you’ve came to the right place. We have 2 Images about Ina Garten Apple Crisp | Apple recipes, Gluten free apple crisp, Apple crisp like Ina Garten Apple Crisp | Apple recipes, Gluten free apple crisp, Apple crisp, ina garten apple galette puff pastry and also Ina Garten Apple Crisp | Apple recipes, Gluten free apple crisp, Apple crisp. Here you go:
Ina Garten Apple Crisp | Apple Recipes, Gluten Free Apple Crisp, Apple Crisp
ina garten therusticfoodie sundaysuppermovement
Ina Garten Apple Galette Puff Pastry
Ina garten apple galette puff pastry. Ina garten therusticfoodie sundaysuppermovement. Ina garten apple crisp