Are you in the mood for a sweet, flaky treat? Look no further than these quick and easy puff pastry apple turnovers! With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a delicious dessert that is sure to please everyone.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it uses homemade puff pastry. Not only does this give the turnovers a richer, more buttery flavor, but it also allows you to control the texture and thickness to your liking. If you are short on time or prefer to use pre-made puff pastry, that is also an option, but we highly recommend giving the homemade version a try.
For the puff pastry:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup ice water
For the apple turnovers:
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
How to Make Homemade Puff Pastry
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- Add the cubed butter and use a pastry blender or your hands to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the ice water and mix until the dough comes together. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it 2-3 times to bring it together.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle and fold it into thirds like a letter. Rotate the dough 90 degrees and repeat the rolling and folding process 2 more times.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.
How to Make Puff Pastry Apple Turnovers
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle about 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut the pastry into 6 squares.
- Place a spoonful of the apple filling on one half of each square, leaving a small border around the edge.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg and fold the other half over the filling to create a triangle. Press the edges together to seal.
- Place the turnovers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the tops of the turnovers with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the turnovers are golden brown and puffed up.
These puff pastry apple turnovers are delicious on their own or topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Serve them warm for the ultimate comfort food experience.
Tips and Ideas
- Make sure your butter is very cold before beginning the puff pastry recipe. This will help ensure that the pastry turns out light and flaky.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of cinnamon and brown sugar in the apple filling to your taste.
- If you have extra puff pastry, you can use it to make sweet or savory turnovers with a variety of fillings.
- These turnovers can be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven for a quick and easy dessert.
With this recipe, you can enjoy fluffy, buttery puff pastry filled with sweet, gooey apple filling any time you like. Whether you are looking for a cozy dessert on a chilly night or a special treat to share with friends and family, these puff pastry apple turnovers are sure to hit the spot. Give them a try today!
If you are searching about Puff Pastry Apple Pie Turnovers Recipe – Food Fanatic you’ve visit to the right web. We have 2 Pics about Puff Pastry Apple Pie Turnovers Recipe – Food Fanatic like Quick and easy puff pastry apple turnover recipe, homemade with simple, Puff Pastry Apple Pie Turnovers Recipe – Food Fanatic and also Quick and easy puff pastry apple turnover recipe, homemade with simple. Read more:
Puff Pastry Apple Pie Turnovers Recipe – Food Fanatic
puff pastry pie apple turnovers recipe fall plenty feeling because
Quick And Easy Puff Pastry Apple Turnover Recipe, Homemade With Simple
apple turnover easy puff pastry recipe recipes quick homemade pie cakewhiz filling flaky desserts choose board
Quick and easy puff pastry apple turnover recipe, homemade with simple. Puff pastry pie apple turnovers recipe fall plenty feeling because. Apple turnover easy puff pastry recipe recipes quick homemade pie cakewhiz filling flaky desserts choose board